Saturday 1 October 2011

The happy day when new baking books arrive...

Just a quick short one before bed but I needed to say.....my new baking books are here!



I ordered the Primrose one a few days ago after really loving the first book and when I was in Costco earlier and saw the Great British Bake Off book there was no way I was going to just leave it there...

There are lots of recipes I've seen on GBBO that are included that I want to try including Mary's Tart Au Citron, the croissants and the Twelfth Night King Cake (pastry and chocolate....go on then!) and the Primrose book has whole sections on other bakes, unlike the first which focused mainly on cupcakes!

Probably won't get a chance to try any this weekend though as I'm making cake pops to send down to a friend and I'm trying my hand at macaroons. I'm planning on documenting both as they're firsts for me. The difference being one has a reputation for being pretty easy while the other one is a bit of a 'baking ball breaker'....

I'm sure it can't go that badly, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment