Sunday 26 June 2011

Chocolate and Coffee Loaf

Its been yet another weekend full of baking.


Yesterday I spent the day making applesauce spice cupcakes for my aunts birthday today and then tonight I've made the Chocolate and Coffee Loaf from Hummingbird's Cake Days book. I remembered late this evening that I'd promised to make some 'thank you' cookies for a friend's dad tomorrow but because of the solid two weekends of baking, I didn't have any plain flour left so it became the gift of cake!



It was actually really simple to make (and thank goodness for that because I was shattered...). SR flour, brown sugar, cocoa, eggs, butter, a tablespoon of coffee and milk. Lined a loaf tin and that was it!!

Just waiting for it to cool now so I can slice it and pop it into a box for him. Lets hope it's all nice and consistent all the way through!!

No comments:

Post a Comment