Thursday 30 June 2011

Rose and Earl Grey Cupcakes

My friend make a request for some cupcakes - rose and earl grey. The base is a normal earl grey cupcake and the frosting has a light rose water scenting.


Unlike last weeks disasters, these turned out really well. Its absolutely the easiest kind of cupcake to make - boil some milk, pop in 4 teabags and let them simmer. Cream together the butter and sugar, add the eggs, then add flour and milky tea. Viola! Recipe comes from the Primrose Bakery book which I really love. Ironically I was a little disappointed with the actual bakery when I went down to London, but the cupcakes that come from the book are fab. Its where I got my 'staple' recipes for lemon, rose and these. And those are three of my favourites.


Nearly ran out of frosting (it's meant to be spread on, not piped) but JUST got enough out the end of it. Phew! Its always a bit of a worry when you make coloured frosting because there's no way you'd ever get the colour to exactly match with another batch!!

No comments:

Post a Comment